FOTD | 22ND BIRTHDAY MAKE-UP

Friday, October 11, 2013

 As I was having a super casual birthday, I kept my Birthday make up very natural healthy glow 'esque . I literally have fallen head over heels for the products BEAUTY UK recently sent me and love how they make my skin look. 

I started off by applying the Beauty UK Prime FX foundation Primer* as a base for my foundation as I find without a primer the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation on my mostly dry ( a little oily in parts) skin it can slide around a little and not last very long even when set with powder.  That said I didn't set my make up with any powder here as the primer mattified it a bit and I didn't feel I needed to powder. I normally use the Rimmel Stay Matt Translucent powder. I applied my foundation with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush which I love!

Then using my finger tip, I applied a little of the Beauty UK concealer* under my eyes and on any blemishes around my chin area. It covered up any redness really well and I'm surprised how well it covered my blemishes, I have broken out really badly recently due to over indulging in chocolate and I'm pleased at how blemish free my skin appears in these pictures due to the concealer covering them up! 

Using an ASDA George Powder brush I lightly applied W7 Honolulu bronzer to my forehead, contoured my cheek bones and neck, just to add a bit of colour into my very pale face. I then applied my new favourite blusher from Beauty UK which is the Baked Blush in Popsicle Pink* to the apples of my cheeks using a MAC 187 stippling brush.  
With the same MAC 187 Stippling brush, I lightly dusted a little amount of the Beauty UK Baked Highlighter in the shade Halo* to the top of my cheek bones and where the light would naturally reflect of my forehead. I love this highlight as its so soft and gives my skin such a pretty glow, for me its the perfect highlight shade!

I then curled my lashes and applied two coats of the Beauty UK Define FX mascara*. Using the Maybelline Master Brow Pencil in shade soft brown, I lightly filled in my eyebrow, keeping then super natural. 

To finish my look I applied a little of the Beauty UK Posh Pout Lip Crayon* in the shade ''Big Pinkin''*  . This lip crayon is such a pretty shade of pink and isn't too much for a natural look. This lip crayon is so moisturizing on my lips and lasts a good amount of time on my lips, the only negative with this product being I'm not overly keen on the smell but I do have a super sensitive nose and the smell may just not be to my liking! 

So that was my 22nd Birthday Make up! I hope you enjoyed this post!

Let me know if you have tried any of these products?

Thanks for reading!
Sophie
x

You Might Also Like

2 Comments

  1. Lovely natural and subtle look! I really enjoy the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation! Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Charlotte! i love the foundation too its lush isnt it :) x What do you set your foundation with please as I find the healthy mix doesnt last very long on my skin x x x

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I love reading your comments and will always try and reply either on this post or by visiting your blog! Want a quicker response follow me on twitter and tweet me @Sophiejenner
Sophie
x

.