BEAUTY UK HAUL/REVIEW*

Saturday, October 05, 2013


Hi!
So Today I have a Beauty UK Haul for you! I was recently sent all these products to review and I was over the moon with the selection of products I received as they were the products id most wanted to review for ages now.

I spoke to the lovely Steph from Beauty UK and she was kind enough to ask me to write a list of the product I wanted to try out, well the website has such a fantastic range of products it was hard to choose so my list was quite long. I did not expect Steph to send them all but I really appreciate Steph doing so and want to thank her again for so many awesome products! I cant wait to show you how fantastic these products are!

I really want to try out some new blushes as I literally use my Accessorize baked blush in scandal every day and when I spotted these Baked Blushes on Beauty UK's website I couldn't wait to try them! These two are from the Baked Box collection which has 4 blushes in the range and I chose the shades no.1 Popsicle Pink and no.3 Halo. You can see the other Baked Box Blushes by clicking here. I love the packaging, it feels really quality and sturdy and has a magnetic snap shut so it doesn't open in your make up bag or handbag. 
This is no.1 Popsicle pink and its such a pretty pink shade , it has a slight shimmer to it which I like as it looks so pretty on the cheeks and adds a slight glow to the skin. Its really well pigmented but when used with a stippling brush and a light hand, adds such a nice flush of pink to the cheeks and is build-able to. 
        Photo taken in day light with no flash                             Photo taken with flash                    
   
This second blush is called no.3 Halo and for me its a highlight shade. It again has a slight shimmer to it so looks great on the top of my cheek bone and catches the light beautifully. I'm major impressed with this as a highlight powder as I was on the hunt for a pinky highlight with a hint of gold in and was about to spend a lot on MAC's Mineralized Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle which for me is very similar to this blush/highlighter so I will be sticking with this one for now. These Blushes retail at £3.99 but you get a tone of product for your money and I doubt I will be hitting pan any time soon!
          Photo taken with flash                                Photo taken in day light with no flash      
Beauty UK Baked Box Blushes no.3 Halo & no.1 Popsicle Pink 
 Photo taken with flash                                Photo taken in day light with no flash 

 The next product I received was this eye shadow pallet called Posh Palette no.2 Masquerade which is from The Posh Palette collection. This pallet includes 10 beautiful eye shadows which are a mix of Matt and shimmer finish which are extremely pigmented and easy to blend. 
 This pallet reminds me a lot of the Urban decay Naked and Naked 2 palettes which are a lot more expensive and I'm sure there are even a few exact dupe shades in this pallet which retails at £5.99.
 Photos taken without flash in daylight
These eye shadows were extremely easy to use and when used over the eye primer which I will show below, they worked great and didn't crease at all on me when I wore them for a good few hours. 
 Photo taken with flash
I'm not a huge eye shadow wearer but with these palettes now I will be doing some tutorials for everyday eyes and smokey eye looks on my YouTube channel. If you haven't already subscribed to my channel, Click here so your first to see my tutorials when they go live!
 This next pallet is a little gem and if you love your eye shadows you will NEED to get your hands on this pallet! Its one of Beauty UK's best selling eye shadow pallets which have been featured in Vogue! Its called no.4 Earth Child and again has 10 Matt and Shimmery finish eye shadows.
The shades in this pallet are just beautiful and are really pigmented, you really only need a small amount on your brush to create a fantastic smokey or sultry eye look. My favourite shades from this pallet have to be the top third and fourth shade from left. They are beautiful shimmery bronze/copper/gold shades which i love and I also think there are also a few dupes for mac eye shadows within this palette.
             Photo taken with flash                                Photo taken in day light with no flash     
 The next 3 products are face products. I had wanted to try their concealer out as I'm fed up of my concealer creasing under my eyes and I will do a full review on this concealer soon along with the CC cream which on first use I LOVED as its the first CC cream I've tried which is a perfect colour match to my skin shade which is rare as I'm very pale. The concealer is in the shade nude and is perfect for me and the CC cream in in the shade 10 Natural. I also love the fact that the CC cream contains an SPF of 30 which is great as not many of my face products have any SPF in at all and its so important for looking after your skin. The Prime FX Foundation Primer is amazing! Its the first foundation primer i have used and it is great! It makes my foundation last a lot longer and doesn't make my foundation settle in any fine lines as it would before when I wasn't using any primer. It feels super soft and silky on my skin but doesn't feel heavy or greasy when I'm wearing it.
I also received the Beauty UK Eye Primer FX which is my first eye shadow primer. I cant compare it to anything as I haven't tried any eye shadow primers before but its very good on first use and it did make my eye shadow last a lot longer and prevented it from creasing for a good few hours. 

The next product is the Beauty UK Define FX Mascara and I'm really impressed with this mascara as its very similar to my favourite mascara which is Rimmel London Lash accelerator. This Mascara really did define my lashes and separated them really well! I will be doing a full review post on this mascara soon with before and after photographs as I was so impressed and for only £2.99 I will be repurchasing this mascara again once this one runs out instead of getting the Rimmel Lash Accelerator. 

I also received two of the Beauty UK Posh pout Lip Balm Crayons. The shades I have are ''Big Pinkin'' and ''Would I lilac to you?'' I love the packaging of these lip crayons and love the shades but I do have a negative about these which may just be something I didn't like and others may not notice. I have a very over sensitive nose lol and the smell of these really turned me off the product. To me they smell a little cheap and at £2.99 they are competing with the Maybelline baby lips which smell amazing and aren't as pigmented as these so if these smelt better I think they would win hands down. They are very moisturizing also and I like the texture of the balm on my lips. The colour pay off is really good also and I love the shades they come in. Review and Swatches in a separate post soon. 
The last three products I received are these nail polishes. The first two polishes are from the GRIT FX range and leave a finish similar to the lid of the polishes. I love the two shades I received which are no.22 Shoreditch which is an electric blue and no.21 Fabric which is a Baby Pink shade. I have only used no.21 Fabric so far but i really like it! It is a fantastic baby pink with a blue glitter undertone and its now one of my favourite polish to use at the moment especially with my engagement ring! The only thing that isn't really a negative as its obvious with this type of Grit finish is that I'm not too sure if i like the feel of the finish but when used with a top coat isn't so ruff and it lasts ages! The Last polish is the from the Denim FX range and i chose to review the shade no.36 black denim. I will do a full review post on these polishes soon as I haven't tried 2 of the 3 yet. 

Overall I love all of the products I received and the service was super quick also. Steph sent my package out on Friday and I was shocked when the post man delivered the package to me the next day on Saturday Morning! The products where packaged really well also and each product was individually wrapped in bubble wrap to ensure none of the products got damaged in the post. 

I cant wait to feature these products in Face Of the Day posts and Tutorials as I know you will all love to see how fantastic these products really are when used. If you would like to check out Beauty UK for yourself click here.

Let me know what Beauty UK products are your favourite's , Id love to know! 

Thanks for reading , I hope you enjoyed this post! 
Sophie
x

You Might Also Like

8 Comments

  1. ooh they all look so nice! I love Earth Child, especially those two bronzey shades you mentioned - they look fab together too :) I was curious about the CC cream and primers too, but resisted the urge to put them on my wihslist as I already have about 5 of each that I'm trying to go through lol. LOVE the look of the baked blushes, especially Halo and the newer eyeshadow palettes too. Great post lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Alice! I glad you like the post :-) can't wait to try put the two shades together now thanks x I'm obsessed with a little bit of halo on top of popsicle looks so pretty on my cheeks :-) x You would love them! Thank you again., x x x

      Delete
  2. Been wanting to try Beauty uk's baked blushes for ages now! great post, everything looks so nice, wanna go shopping now!lol xo
    http://missmadaboutnails.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so good! The baked blushes are a must try! Halo is beautiful as a highlight! :-) x x x

      Delete
  3. such a pretty eyeshadow colour

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the look of those blushes!
    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recommend them 100% i haven't stopped using them since I got them :-) x x x

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I love reading your comments and will always try and reply either on this post or by visiting your blog! Want a quicker response follow me on twitter and tweet me @Sophiejenner
Sophie
x

.