My Home Manicure Routine

Tuesday, September 03, 2013

                       Before                                      After
Hi!
I wanted to share with you my Home Manicure Routine. Its a simple routine which doesn't take me very long at all. I give myself a home manicure once a week usually on a Friday once I've finished work and so that my nails are nice for the weekend.


STEP 1 
I start off by removing any old nail polish from my nails with a nail polish remover and then use my favorite nail file to shape my nails. Here I have used my QVS Pro Nail Shaper #320 Medium/Fine. 

I start by Running the file along my nails in one direction to avoid splitting and in a flat angle against my nails so that it creates a flat edge to my nails as I'm going for a square shape nail. 

I then run the file along the side of my nails to create a straight edge to the sides of my square shape. Not everybody has to do this along the side but my nails grow right around the side of my nails also and wouldn't look square if I didn't do this step. 

Once I have created a square shape, I run the Fine side of my QVS Pro Shaper lightly along the edges of my nails to soften the edge slightly, not the shape but so that they are smooth and not scaggy. 
Nails after I have Filed them into a square shape

STEP 2 
Next I take a cuticle pusher and push my cuticles back as shown below and then I take my cuticle remover and remove any dead skin around my cuticle being careful not to cut myself as its very sharp. 

I then take my favorite Hand and Nail cream which is the Leighton Denny Best Defense Hand and Nail Cream and massage it into my nails concentrating on my cuticle area. 


Step 3
Once All my hand and nail cream has soaked into my skin and moisturized my hands, I apply a base coat to my nails. This time I used my Beauty Secrets Nail Hardener which I find is great under nail polish and protects my nails really well. 


Step 4
Once my base coat is dry, I apply two coats of chosen polish, which on this occasion was Barry M Gelly Hi-shine Nail Paint in Key Lime. As this polish is a Gel formula I chose not to apply a top coat but normally I would have applied my Top coat over my nails to make my manicure last longer and shine!


My Finished Manicure

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine  | Photo taken in withflash |

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine  | Photo taken with Flash |

I hope you liked this post! If you have any recommendations on a good long lasting top coat which isn't Seche Vite as I really don't get on with that one at all unfortunately, please leave them below in the comments!

Thanks for reading!

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Thank you for commenting! I love reading your comments and will always try and reply either on this post or by visiting your blog! Want a quicker response follow me on twitter and tweet me @Sophiejenner
Sophie
x

.