MY PLAYLIST #1 | TOP 10

Wednesday, April 30, 2014










1. Nova Rockafeller - 1990's - I'm obsessed with Nova Rockafellers new song 1990's. When Craig told me that Mark Hoppus from Blink 182 had remixed this song we had a listen and LOVED IT! We hadn't heard of Nova before but I'm a huge fan now after watching all of her You Tube videos and listening to her songs, she is super talented and I think if she got radio play here in the UK she would be HUGE! Can't wait for her new album! Her videos are awesome too she puts a huge amount of time into editing her music videos.

2. Mr.Probz Robin Schulz Remix - Waves - I heard this song around a month ago after hearing it on Greg James's BBC Radio 1 playlist. Its a super chilled song perfect for summer and its already hit number 1 in the UK after only one week in the chart. Its also my alarm in the morning and it puts me in a great mood.


3. Tove Lo - Stay High -  Tove Lo I hadn't heard of before this song released but I love it! Its quite a strange sounding song but super catchy and its always stuck in my head. 

4. Iggy Azalea ft Charli XCX - Fancy - I've loved Iggy Azalea since I heard 'Work' last spring and her latest single 'Fancy' ft Charli XCX is another favourite of mine off of her debut album 'The New Classic'. I couldn't wait for her album to be released and it hasn't disappointed, lots of brilliant new song which I'm sure will be huge this summer!

5. Sam Smith - Stay With Me -  This new Sam Smith single is so lovely! He has an amazing voice and I really like all of the songs he's released so far. He is currently cracking America which for such a new British artist is a massive deal. His debut album released on May 25th and I know its going to do so well, I certainly can't wait to hear the album!

6. Sigma - Nobody To Love - Not being a Kanye fan at all, I was reluctant to let this song enter my ears as I knew I'd not be able to stop singing it but with Sigma releasing ' Nobody to love' featuring only the hook from Kanye's (in my opinion) awful ' Bound 2' song , I've let it be one of my top 10 this week as I really like Sigma's remix.

7. Kiesza - Hideaway - Another song I've been loving lately which has Been played loads on Radio 1 is Kiesza's Hideaway. I love her voice and the video is great too. Considering Kiesza broke a rib just before filming , I think she did an awesome job at busting some moves in the video. 

8. Paloma Faith - Can't Rely On You - I'm a huge Paloma Faith Fan and her latest album is so good! I love her tone and her performance at the Burberry London Fashion Week was beautiful, she sang ' Only Love Can Hurt Like This' which was full of emotion and she looked amazing! ' Can't rely on you' is more of an up beat song which is funky and catchy.

9. Nova Rockafeller - Problem - Another Nova Rockafeller song now...I wasn't lying when I said I'm obsessed! This song is amazing! I LOVE the lyrics and Nova's  Angry energy reminds me so much of old Eminem songs, which I also love! This lyric video is 100% homemade by Nova and it took her 3 months to stop motion animate it, it must have been so hard to make and edit but it's worth it for a cool, innovative lyric video that suits the song perfectly! 

10. Calvin Harris - Summer - And lastly Calvin Harris has cleverly ensured we all love his latest single 'Summer'. Its such a good summer dance tune and I'm sure it will be on a lot of peoples Holiday / BBQ / party playlists this year.

So that's my current top 10 playlist, I hope you like this post. Let me know whats on your playlist at the moment as I love listening to new music and would love to check them out.

I hope your all having a great week...woop nearly bank holiday weekend! 





*This post is part of the #2014BloggerChallenge Topic 9 - Music 

You Might Also Like

2 Comments

  1. I absolutely adore Fancy with Iggy. I didn't know if I would like her or not when she was new to the music world because she was the competition to Nicki - one of my favourites. Although they are very different I like them each for their own reasons. Hehe. I don't know any of the other songs but I am definitely looking into them.

    Check out my post about the same topic: http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/musical-madness-beyonce.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! She's my fav! That's exactly what I was like at first with Iggy as im a huge Nicki fan but they are different and Nicki hasn't bought anything out in a while unfortunately :( x yeah defo check out the other songs I think you'll like Nova Rockefeller if you like rap :) she's amazing! Will be sure to check out your post :)
      X

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I love reading your comments and will always try and reply either on this post or by visiting your blog! Want a quicker response follow me on twitter and tweet me @Sophiejenner
Sophie
x

.