VILLAGE CANDLE REVIEW*

Monday, March 17, 2014

Last week Marvin from Village Candle kindly sent me these Jar candles to review. I'm a huge jar candle fan and have ALWAYS got a scented candle burning in my house so when I received these three, I couldn't wait to start burning them. The Village Candle Premium Candle Jars come in three sizes, are available in 40 fragrances and burn for up to 170 hrs which I think is amazing! I was lucky enough to receive Black Cherry, Creamy Vanilla and Pure Linen to test out and I can honestly say I'm so happy and surprised by these candles...

Black Cherry is the biggest of the three jar candles and is 26oz which burns up to 170 hours. This candle smells amazing and is exactly like freshly cut open black cherries. Its got a slight marzipan undertone which is delicious. I have burnt this candle everyday and forgotten its burning as its the perfect everyday scent which isn't over powering at all. Its hardly burnt down , as I said I've literally burnt it everyday for over a week and I think it's probably only burnt down an inch or so. 
Creamy Vanilla is the 16oz jar which burns for up to 105 hours and at first I wasn't sure as I'm not a huge vanilla scent fan but after burning it in my kitchen for around 3 hours, I can safely say that I do really like it. Its quite subtle which I prefer and instead of smelling artificially sickly as other vanilla scented candles have smelt in the past for me, it smells exactly like the picture on the front of the candle which is a creamy vanilla ice cream. 
Pure Linen is 11oz which burns for up to 55 hours. I love the smell of freshly washed fluffy towels and bed linen and this scent is perfect for burning everyday for a fresh clean smell. Its the smallest of the jar candles but it burns amazingly and isn't subtle like the vanilla. I have left it burning all day in my kitchen and could smell it after a few hours from my office upstairs. The scent flows right through my house and its surprisingly powerful for such a small jar. 
 The Village Candle Jars all have two wicks which really does make a huge difference. They burn so evenly due to the double wick that it creates a huge pool of wax which doesn't leave any wax around the edge of the jar.  I have a slightly uneven fireplace cover and when I burnt the Black cherry candle there it didn't burn down as evenly due to the ledge it was placed on but when I moved the candle to another shelf , the wax that didn't melt properly on the one side, folded into itself and into the pool of hot wax so there still wasn't any wax around the edge of the jar. This really impressed me as jar candles I have burnt before have left loads of wax around the jar which makes them smell less. They also smell straight away after lighting them so it doesn't take long for my house to smell great with these. 
I do have a favourite out of the three and that has to be the Black Cherry. It has lasted ages and I've still got three quarters of the jar left. The candles are available from Amazon and prices range from £11-£18 which I think is great for the amount of burn time and quality of fragrance. 

I love these candles and don't think I will be purchasing a Yankee Candle for a while as these candles are not only cheaper but there are so many fragrances for me to catch up on and enjoy! Ive already got a WishList as long as my arm that I will be sharing in a post soon.

I hope you like this review. Let me know if you've tried these candles and which Village Candle's are your favourite?
Sophie

You Might Also Like

16 Comments

  1. This review makes me really tempted to try the candles! Think I might have to try to lay my hands on these in a near future :)

    http://lifeofannas.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Defo try them out Anna, they are lovely! Thanks for commenting! X

      Delete
  2. Scented candles... of course they smell great! Ooh you've made me want to try these out myself as well you know :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing! Glad you like my review :) x

      Delete
  3. you need to try Lemon Pound Cake and Ginger Bread. they are to die for. it smells amazing and the scent lingers around my room for a couple of days without having to burn it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww wow thanks for commenting! I will defo give these two a try, they sound great! Love the scents that linger :)

      Delete
  4. I thought they were yankee candles, they look just like them!!
    The vanilla one sounds like something I would love! I have to admit that I do like the sickly sweet scents but subtle is good too haha!
    The Beauty Break

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a complete copy :) lovely candles tho, you'd love the vanilla! :) x

      Delete
  5. these look really nice, i'm always looking for new candles!

    xx fameliquorlove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great! Defo check them out if you can x

      Delete
  6. Sounds amazing. I'm interested to see what the linen smells like x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely review! I am a big lover of scented candles but I have never heard of village candles before.. I definitely need to get myself one of these candles! Lovely post :D
    Ava xox
    http://xovintagewayoflifexo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ava! Me too :) you'd love them! Let me know what you end up trying first :) x

      Delete
  8. Lemon Pound cake is so delicious, strong, and one of their best sellers. Another best seller and great scent to try is Summer Breeze, it is so clean and powerful, like a linen scent, but mixed with a seaside water mix, it will mask any odor and yet not cloying or harsh, just right. Hydrangea is one of my favorites, so pretty with hyacinth tones and some other greenery or flowers mixed in, just so pretty and has lots of power, not headache inducing, just a lovely scent that lasts. Love Village Candles a bit better than Yankee Candles, since no playing with wicks or trims needed, they just do all the work themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been a huge yankee fan for quite a few years and only recently discovered Village Candles. So far i have tried lemon pound cake, cranberry grapefruit, pure linen and rain. They all smell fab and always burn across within hour and a half. I have found lately that yankee can be a bit hit and miss - sometime yankee can take all day to burn across! Myself and my daughter (who was also a big yankee fan) think that Village candles are much better. I agree with review above you dont have to play with wicks etc. The guy in the shop I bought my Village from said 'with Yankee you have to love and look after them but with Village you can just light them, sit back and enjoy'. He was right. Will diffinately be buying alot more Village in future.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love reading your comments and will always try and reply either on this post or by visiting your blog! Want a quicker response follow me on twitter and tweet me @Sophiejenner
Sophie
x

.