Ultra Base Corrector Palette by MAKEUP REVOLUTION

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Last week Makeup Revolution launched their new Ultra Base Corrector Palette which I was really excited to try out! The pallet features 8 super blend able cream shades which are professionally chosen to correct and balance out any skin tone. I am a huge fan of knowing all about the colour wheel to help balance out discoloration on the face so having a whole palette dedicated to concealing and correcting is perfect! 
The packaging is typical Makeup Revolution sleek black & Gold matte packaging with a great representation of the shades on the back of the box. 
Inside the outer packaging is a palette very similar to the ultra cream blush palette which is possibly my favourite palette from Makeup Revolution. Its very sturdy and feels quality so won't fall apart or open in your handbag. 

The palette inside is so pretty! Its got 8 shades as I mentioned above to correct and conceal any imperfections , discoloration or blemishes. So which shade does what? Let me explain.  

Pink - Brightens
Lavender - neutralizes yellow tones
Green - neutralizes redness
Orange - neutralizes blue tones 
Peach - helps to balance out slight discoloration 
White - adds natural highlight and brightens
Cream - neutralizes purple & covers dark areas
Brown - balances ashiness in medium to dark skin tones

There really is a shade for every situation, tired dark eyes, discoloration around the nose or even a huge blemish. You really can conceal most things with this palette. I also bet this palette would be amazing for covering tattoos and bruises. 















All the shades swatch really well and the colour pay off is amazing! There's one shade that swatches a little scarily shimmery which is the 'White' shade. Its not white as such, I'd say its more of a silver highlight shade, but that said its beautiful for a natural looking glow and highlight when used lightly and under foundation. If used over your foundation as a highlight it would for sure be way to shiny and look as though you'd gone way to far with the new Strobing trend. 

So far I really like this palette. The creams are a really lovely texture and doesn't leave my face feeling cakey or greasy, which some cream palettes have done before. I can't stress enough how much this palette is for UNDERNEATH your foundation though, nobody got time for green or purple patches all over your face he he!

This palette is available for £6.00 on Makeup revolutions website and in selected Superdrug stores. They also ship internationally which I know my overseas readers will LOVE!

Is this palette something you'd be interested in trying? Let me know in the comments?! 

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Thank you for commenting! I love reading your comments and will always try and reply either on this post or by visiting your blog! Want a quicker response follow me on twitter and tweet me @Sophiejenner
Sophie
x

.