THE PERFECT HEALTHY FILLING LUNCH...

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Bit of a random post today but Ive been eating a little healthier since January and have changed up my lunch from sandwiches to the perfect baked jacket potatoes. So I though I'd share with you how I cook mine and what I've been filling them with for lunch. I'm sure you all know how to cook a jacket but I also wanted to share the weight watchers points for those counting. I'm not actually counting at the moment but my weights staying the same and I'm enjoying cooking fresh meals in the evening which is a great!
So I didn't take a photo of the before potatoes but I always choose a nice lunch size potato and prick it in several places all over with a fork so that it doesn't explode in the microwave. I then pop it in the microwave on a microwaveable plate for 12 minutes. I also cook two jackets at the same time as I make one for Craig too.

Once the microwave has binged , I cook both jackets in my halogen oven for 15 minutes in a light spray of flora sunflower oil , a sprinkle of mixed herbs and rock salt.
The jacket potatoes is then ready to fill with whatever filling I have in the fridge. On this occasion I went for a table spoon of garlic & herb cream cheese, a slice of honey cured ham and some avocado. I hadn't ever had avocado before and I'm not quite sure what I make of it yet. Its quite buttery and salty but then on the other hand doesn't really have a taste which was disappointing as it always looks so yummy on Pinterest breakfast recipes. But I would try it again for sure, maybe mine was over ripe.

The weight watchers pro points are -

Jacket potato = 5pp
50% less fat cream cheese = 1pp
1 slice Honey Ham = 1pp
Avocado = 1pp
1 spray Flora sunflower oil = 0pp
Salt = 0pp
Herbs = 0pp

Total Pro points = 8

So that's how I cook a filling and delicious jacket potato, I hope you've enjoyed this post and let me know your thoughts on avocados ? Do they live up to the hype?

Thanks for reading!

You Might Also Like

4 Comments

  1. Soph this looks delicious!! I love potatoes and I actually at one point used to cook a sweet potato in the same microwavable manner almost every day! Thanks so much for sharing the meal with the Pro Points, too! Great quick and easy lunch meal!!

    Much Love,
    -Stephanie Eva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! Hmmm yum that sounds amazing with a sweet potato! I'll have to try it! AW your welcome! I'll do more quick and easy meal posts then as I'm back cooking from fresh now not so much ready meals and I'm loving trying all new stir Fry's and pastas :)
      Hugs
      X

      Delete
  2. This looks so good! We are huge potato people, so I know I'd love this way of fixing potatoes! Adding the avocado made it even more scrumptious! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you KiKi! Yes it sure was a lot tastier with the avocado and cream cheese :) x x glad you like my post x x x

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I love reading your comments and will always try and reply either on this post or by visiting your blog! Want a quicker response follow me on twitter and tweet me @Sophiejenner
Sophie
x

.