PHIL SMITH BE GORGEOUS HAIRCARE REVIEW

Monday, September 28, 2015


Phil Smith wasn't a brand I can say I was familiar with when my mum mentioned to me a few months ago that she had found the BEST dry shampoo ever! I contacted Phil Smith straight away to let them know the positive experience my mum had had with their dry shampoo and they where kind enough to send me some products to try myself. 

I received the Phil Smith Super Smooth Shampoo and Conditioner which contains Keratin Proteins to help fight against kinks and frizz. It also helps to straighten hair and add a glossy shine to your hair. First I love the packaging, its bight eye catching and modern, It would stand out to me on the shelf and I would for sure purchase it. It leaves my hair really shiny and clean and as my hair is so long and thick its hard to find shampoo and conditioner that doesn't weigh it down which is fantastic! It also doesn't make my hair feel greasy at all and my hair feels SUPER clean. 

One negative though which is so frustrating as I do really like the formula is that It doesn't have the nicest smell in my opinion. It smells really strong and kind of hair spray scent if you know what I mean by that. Its a clinical salon type of smell but not in a nice fragrance way. Its really annoying as the smell it leaves in my hair puts me off from using it and I find myself washing my hair and then using a different nicer smelling conditioner to try and mask the shampoo scent. 
The reason for emailing Phil Smith in the first place was to rave about my mums experience with the DRY CLEANERS Dry Shampoo. They send me the Revitalising Dry Shampoo and The Volumising Dry Shampoo and they are both amazing! The revitalising one is great for those days when your hair is looking mega greasy and there really isn't time to wash and dry your 28inches of super thick hair. I spray this into my roots and around my hair line and leave it a few moments before brushing through my hair. It instantly fluffs up my hair and the greasy appearance is gone! I can see why my mum loves this stuff. 

The Volumising one also adds a great amount of volume and its weightless again so doesn't weigh your hair down. These I cant rave about enough BUT again the smell of them isn't great. They do have that same hairspray scent to them but I don't find it as strong in my hair. The scent doesn't really linger as much as the shampoo, As I found the shampoo scent to be stuck in my hair for days. I would have loved them to have a nice fresh scent which I would enjoy using to freshen up my hair. 

I do recommend these Phil Smith Haircare products as the scent may just not be to my personal preference, some may like the fragrance. I would give them a try because they are great products which leave my hair feeling great and looking great but not in my opinion smelling the best. 

Have you tried any Phil Smith Haircare? Let me know in the comments!

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Thank you for commenting! I love reading your comments and will always try and reply either on this post or by visiting your blog! Want a quicker response follow me on twitter and tweet me @Sophiejenner
Sophie
x

.