FACE OF THE DAY | JUNE

Saturday, June 07, 2014


I haven't don't a face of the day post since last October so its been a while and as I've changed up quite a few of my products, I thought it was about time I posted a new FOTD. Keeping my make up super natural as always I've used really glowy light on my skin products to achieve a more 'no make up' makeup look if that makes sense. 

I started by moisturising my face with my Simple vital vitamins day cream as it has a SPF 15 which is great as it hydrates my skin all day whilst protecting it from the sun also. I then applied a tiny bit of my Simple age resisting Eye cream under my eyes to hydrate them. I then primed my face with my favourite primer the Beauty UK Prime FX, I love this primer because it works so well at keeping everything in place all day whilst also reducing the appearance of fine lines under my eyes. It does feel a little greasy when I'm applying it with my fingers but once its on it doesn't feel greasy or oily at all. 

I've never been a huge fan of mineral makeup but when I tried this sheer cover foundation a few weeks ago I loved it. It doesn't sit on any dry areas of my face and looks so natural on my skin. It buffs perfectly into my face and has a light but build able coverage without feeling cakey. I applied that with the sheer cover foundation brush. I then applied the sheer cover concealer to any spots and redness on my face and also to my under eyes to brighten them up a bit. Using the sheer cover angled blush/bronzer brush, I apply the darker shades of the bronzing trio from the sheer cover studio deluxe kit to the outer parts of my forehead, cheeks , jawline and my neck. Then using the lightest shade from the trio , I lightly apply it to my cheeks , brow bone and down there centre of my nose as a highlight.

I then used the same brush I used for my bronzer and lightly dusted the Beauty UK baked blush in the shade Popsicle pink which is gorgeous, it leaves a fresh pink glow on my cheeks as its slightly shimmery and works as a highlight also. I curl my eye lashes and apply one coat of the sheer cover lengthening mascara, then one coat of the sheer cover fibre extensions and then another coat of the lengthening mascara to lock in the fibres and extend my lashes. This mascara with extending fibres is amazing and really makes my lashes so much longer without false lashes or an expensive lash treatment. I lightly tight line my upper lash line with the urban decay 24/7 eye pencil in the shade zero which is very black and my eyes are done.

To finish off , I apply a few strokes of the Maybelline Master Shape brow pencil to fill in my brows a bit, then apply my smooch cosmetics lipstick in the shade poppin pink which is a really sheer baby pink, perfect for everyday.

So that's it! My face of the day June edition...I hope you enjoyed this post and let me know if you use any of these products? 

Thanks for reading!




*this post contains some PR as ples

You Might Also Like

4 Comments

  1. You look so pretty!! I love your hair colour and style too!!! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Layla! Very Kind of you :) x

      Delete
  2. Great "no makeup, makeup" FOTD!! You're right, October is quite a little while, haha! But you've made a great comeback with this glowy-skin look! I super-love the 24/7 Glide On Pencils from Urban Decay!! I also think the braid adds a little hint of chic to the simple makeup.

    Much Love,
    -Stephanie Eva
    www.stephanieheva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Stephanie :) It has been ages hasnt it :P x Im so glad you like this look :) Me too the 24/7 pencil is amazing, My eyes run quite a bit in summer and it stays put unlike other eye pencils that are half way down my face by midday haha :) Thank you also for commenting on my braid :) it was the first time id done it like that , I may do a video or tutorial on it :)
      Sophie
      x

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I love reading your comments and will always try and reply either on this post or by visiting your blog! Want a quicker response follow me on twitter and tweet me @Sophiejenner
Sophie
x

.