MAKEUP REVOLUTION HAUL

Monday, January 12, 2015

Makeup Revolution has been a name buzzing around the blog and YouTube community a ton recently and I knew once id swatched basically the whole stand at my local Superdrug store that I needed to get myself some products asap! I was lucky enough to receive lots of Makeup Revolution lipsticks and the matte eye shadow palette for Christmas, THEN when a Makeup Revolution package arrived on my doorstep last week , I couldn't have been happier to receive some products to review. I will be posting reviews of all products mentioned in upcoming posts and cant wait to share with you how amazing this brand really is...
One of the products that Id spotted on the Makeup Revolution website but hadn't seen in store yet was the All About Cream Blush Palette,* This screamed out to me as something i needed in my life as I prefer cream blushes over powder as I have dry skin. The palette features 8 beautiful cream blush shades and I cannot wait to use these on an everyday basis as the shades are perfect for so many occasions. I also received the Double flick liquid eye liner* which has a thick and a thin end so you can achieve the perfect cat eye in your desired thickness. 
I love the packaging of all the Makeup Revolution products as its all so sturdy and doesn't feel cheap at all. The only thing I would have loved was if the palettes including the eye shadow palettes, had names on each blush or shadow. This would just make it much easier when creating tutorials to name which shade id used. As you can see from the above swatches the cream blushes are really pigmented and so creamy. 
The next product I hadn't seen in store yet was The One Fluid Blusher * in the shade Pink Dew. This product seams like a dupe of the Daniel Sandler Watercolour Blushes as the packaging is very similar. Its very liquidy so I imagine ill have to blend it in with a stippling brush but I'm intrigued to try this products. The shade is a very 'Me' every day shade and its very similar to the MUA cream blush in Lush that I use everyday.
If you've been a subscriber of my blog of my YouTube channel for a while you'll know I love my lipsticks and when makeup revolution are selling them for £1 each , that only means one thing...buy more lipsticks!! The shade selection is phenomenal and there really is a shade for everyone. They are so highly pigmented and the matte red shade in particular lasts ages on my lips before I need to reapply it without drying out my lips. 
Make it right is super glossy and a beautiful plum purple shade. From what I've seen of mac's rebel lipstick, make it right looks like a very similar shade. 100% vamp is a really dark purple shade, I'm not sure if I'll be able to pull it off just yet but I'm sure it will come in handy for a makeup look or tutorial on my YouTube channel. 

Enchant on the other hand will be the perfect everyday shade. Its a pretty pink shade with a lilac undertone. I can see myself using this one a whole load in spring and summer. And then there's Dare, the perfect pinky red matte lipstick which looks amazing over a red lip liner. Its so matte and a very Taylor swift statement red lip shade. I've worn it loads since getting it for Christmas.
I've mentioned before that I'm not a huge eyeshadow wearer but with these new palettes I can see myself experimenting a lot more. The first palette is the Iconic 1* which makeup revolution have openly launched as an Urban decay naked 1 dupe. The shades are exactly the same as naked 1 from what I've seem on google and Pinterest. I don't own the naked 1 therefore I can't swatch them side by side but let me know if you have both and have compared yourself, I'd love to hear your thoughts?

And last but certainly not least is the Essential Matte palette. It features 12 neutral to dark matte shades perfect for creating a stunning matte smokey eye or a classic soft neutral look. I can't wait to use this more as i think if I'm going to get into eye-shadow on a regular basis , I'd prefer to wear matte shadows to start with.

I'm absolutely loving the Makeup Revolution products that I've used so far and will do more reviews of the individual products once I've used them for longer.

Have you tried Makeup Revolution? Which products our favourite?

Thanks for reading!

You Might Also Like

8 Comments

  1. This name does seem to be buzzing around

    Danielle Mac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is isn't it! it so amazing tho not even being over hyped, it really does deserve all the hype!
      x

      Delete
  2. Wow! How awesome to receive even more Makeup Revolution after purchases! My friend sent me the Iconic 3 palette and I do love it. Another blogger I read recommended the lipsticks. I have been dying to try them, and I think I'll put in an order soon. Can't wait to see your future posts and thoughts on your lovely haul!!

    Much Love,
    -Stephanie Eva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I was so chuffed as you can imagine! Aw wow thats kind! I hear amazing reviews of all their palettes and I used the Iconic 1 yesterday to film with and wow! amazing! You should defo place an order x

      Delete
  3. £1 per lipstick?! I'm loving the Enchanted one ... <3 It's a range I need to try out!

    www.jennymarguerat.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is Jenny! I know right? cant be leaving them on the stand for £1 hehe x x

      Delete
  4. I actually haven't tried the cream blush palette but those swatches look really pretty :) xx

    Magpie Jasmine || Palette Giveaway: Urban Decay, Nars, Charlotte Tilbury, Too Faced

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you would love it Jasmine! Its amazing , so pigmented and such pretty shades x Im in love with it so far!!
      x

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I love reading your comments and will always try and reply either on this post or by visiting your blog! Want a quicker response follow me on twitter and tweet me @Sophiejenner
Sophie
x

.